Parent Teacher Organization
Log your volunteer hours HERE.
- The Literacy Night Committee is in need of committee members to invest ideas and time planning this upcoming event, email [email protected]
- COMPASS is in need of a Field Day Committee Chair. Email [email protected] if you are interested.
- The Decorations Committee has worked hard to make our school a fun and inviting place for our students by decorating teachers’ doors every month throughout the school year and are in need of some additional parent help to decorate 1-2 doors per month. Email Vanessa at [email protected] if you would like to help.
- The STEM Fair Committee is in need of judges to help with the judging the projects on February 8 from 10 a.m. until all projects have been reviewed. Email STEM Fair Committee Chair, Lisa, at [email protected] for more info
- The Talent Show Committee is a brand-new COMPASS committee to organize our school talent show the last week of school and is in need of a committee chair and members to plan this fun event. Please email [email protected] if you would like to chair this committee or be a talent show committee member.
- The Adult Social Committee is in need of committee members who want to create a fun and engaging evening for adults to raise money for the school and get to know the parents, community members, and others who have a role in making it the Bonneville Best. Email Brenda at [email protected]
cademy.org if you are interested in helping plan and pull off an amazing event.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) are always needed in the school. Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, or other positive male role models can spend the day in your child’s classroom, attend all the lunches and recesses, give high-fives, help with carpool duty, and more. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.
com/go/30e0b4fada62da0f58-dail y to be a Watch D.O.G. for a half-day or full-day and your experience includes getting to wear an awesome shirt. For more information contact our Top D.O.G.S. Dave ([email protected]) or Matthew ([email protected]).
Bonneville Academy Hometown Pizza Benefit Night!
Hometown Pizza is super-thrilled to help Bonneville Academy, so they have offered to do school pizza nights once-a-month, not for one night each month, but for TWO nights each month. You don’t have to order pizza both nights; pick the one that sounds more convenient for your family.
Monday, February 5th and Tuesday, February 6th throughout business hours: 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Dine-in, Carry-Out, or Delivery, just make sure you present the Bonneville Academy/Hometown Pizza half-page flier that will go home with your students on Friday, February 2nd. (Or print one by clicking HERE.)
Hometown Pizza will donate 10% of ALL ORDERS back to Bonneville Academy’s PTO Fund. **The buffet for dine-in customers will be open during regular lunch hours from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and **Specially** re- opened from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. to accommodate our benefit night for families wanting to sample their delicious buffet.**
Mrs. Christensen’s class has won the Box Tops mid-year Pizza Party by turning in a whopping 503 Box Tops so far! Great news: you can send in your Coca Cola product bottle caps with codes on them from 20 oz, 1 L, or 2 L bottles or the code from the cardboard of Coca Cola 12-packs with your box tops and they will be counted towards the Box Tops class competition and earn money for our school. Remember to send in codes from Coke, Sprite, Powerade, Minute Maid, Fanta, and any other coke products as they are worth almost as much as a box top and often more than a box top.
Ongoing Opportunities to Get Money Donated to the School by Doing Things you Already Do
Start clipping those Box Tops! Collection bags that magnetically adhere to your fridge were sent home. Extra bags are in the office in the orange box tops box if you didn’t get one. Turn in box tops in the classroom collection box with student name and teacher’s name and grade on the back for our class collection competition. Leading class as of 10/18/17 gets a prize. Winning class as of December 15 gets spoiled with surprises and a class party.
A new simple way to submit! Don’t forget to install the Box Tops Bonus App on your cell phone. It helps you earn Bonus Box Tops (on top of the clipped box tops) by scanning and submitting your grocery store receipt from your phone. Our Box Tops Committee Chair, one person, earned $12 for our school in just one month from the Bonus App Receipts.
**If each family earned $5 on the Box Tops Bonus App just by scanning their receipts from their cell phone, then the school will have raised over $3,000, and that’s just for buying items you might already be purchasing.**
Our school goal is $2,000 in Box Tops this year to help fund field trips, school dances, assemblies, STEM fair, and so much more. Updates will be posted regularly.
Do you shop at Macey’s in Tooele already? Do you want a portion of your purchases to get donated back to our school? Sign up for Macey’s Perks and link your School Cents account to Bonneville Academy. Help the PTO fund a whole range of activities from Red Ribbon Week to Class Parties to STEM Fair by doing something you probably already do: grocery shop.
You can do it either online at maceys.com or in the store. Cassie, the front end manager at the store, is extremely helpful in getting Perks accounts linked to Bonneville Academy. Instructions for online:
1. Go to maceys.com/perks
2. If you have already signed up for a Maceys Perks account, go to “Sign In” on the right side of that page and enter your username and password. If you have never signed up for Maceys Perks, go to “Register” on the right side of the page. You will be prompted to enter your phone number (the number that you will use at checkout for both savings and for linking to the school), name, address, and create a username and password.
3. Once you are signed in or have created a Perks account, there is a tab at the top that says “Nonprofits”. Click on “Nonprofits” tab and it will show you a list of all participating nonprofits. Find “Bonneville Academy – Tooele” and click to link it to your account. Maceys will track your purchases and donate a portion to the school.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate to Bonneville Academy. Support us every time you shop.
Want one more way you can help the school from home?
Turn your Coca-Cola products into donations for Bonneville Academy! To donate, visit coke.com/give/schools, select Bonneville Academy, and scan or enter product codes from participating Coca-Cola products.
Join our Watch D.O.G.S!
Calling all dads, grandpas, uncles, older brothers, and positive male role models connected to our Bonneville students:
We would LOVE to have you sign up to spend a day, or even a few days, in our school this year. You will help at carpool duty, spend time in your child or children’s classrooms, attend all the lunches and recesses, and give innumerable HIGH FIVES! And, you’ll even get to enjoy a free school lunch compliments of our administration.
Watch D.O.G.S. is a national program designed to engage more fathers in the lives of their children and their children’s classmates, and we are excited to bring this amazing program to Bonneville Academy. Special thanks to Hometown Pizza for donating pizza and breadsticks for our kick off event on the 5th.
To learn more about the national program, visit: http://www.fathers.com/watchdogs/
To sign up for a day: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4fada62da0f58-daily
Dixie, a parent of two kids at Bonneville Academy, is a Licensed Massage Therapist and has a tremendous offer for our school and YOU. Anytime you book a massage through Dixie and mention “Bonneville”, she will donate 10% of her profits from that session back to the school. Dixie even does chair massages for workplace or company parties or employee retreats. Call Dixie at 801-917-4488 for more info.
A massage makes a great birthday, Valentine’s, Anniversary, or special occasion gift, and, when you book through Dixie, it is a gift that gives back. Dixie’s massage Facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.
If you would like to offer your services to the school to help us fundraise, email COMPASS at [email protected].